Below, the following four term maps are displayed:
- A term map of the field of library and information science.
- A term map of the research activities of Leiden University in the field of library and information science.
- A term map of the full text of a PhD thesis on bibliometric mapping of science.
- A term map of the Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. In this map, the color of a term indicates the average citation impact of the publications in which the term occurs.
These maps provide examples of applications of the text mining functionality introduced in VOSviewer version 1.4.0. Click on a map to examine the map in full detail using VOSviewer.
More information can be found in the following publication:
- Van Eck, N.J., & Waltman, L. (2011). Text mining and visualization using VOSviewer. ISSI Newsletter, 7(3), 50-54. (paper, preprint)